Sunday, September 13, 2009

Today's Freshly Cut Beef: Conscious

I don't think I've ever been more clear, and more unclear about life than ever before.

I recently read a book that opened my mind to a lot of things, but at the same time confused THE HELL out of me. It dealt with life after death (Ironically the title of the book is Life After Death by Deepak Chopra). Not so much about where we go, which religion's got it right, and how we get there... but it presented the idea (according to Akasha) that death is just a mere transition from one state of consciousness (Life) to another (or higher) state of consciousness (Death).

Now when I say that it "Confused the hell out of me" I don't mean that I didn't understand the book. I fully understood what Deepak was trying to convey. I'm just now more unsure about the after life, after I've read the book, than I was before. This was supposed to answer the questions, not lengthen the list of them.

It's strange though. I know it's weird at my age, but I feel more comfortable and at ease about death than before. I no longer see it as an end, but merely a new beginning. The beginning of something new and exciting.

I know a lot of you are sitting there saying to yourself "W.t.f. mate?! Is this guy crazy? Why the hell would you be excited about dying?". Let me ask you this. Have you ever gone through a period in your life (or even one day) where you just wanted to be someone and somewhere else? Have you ever felt like there were things that you missed out on and didn't get to accomplish, and now you regret it? Maybe death is in fact, that chance. I'm not saying that I have all the answers and I'm not trying to preach, but that's the beautiful part of death. Nobody really has the answers, so you're free to believe whatever you want!

Nobody knows what's waiting for us on the other side, and any group that tries to tell you that they have all the answers is lying to you. The truth is that no one has the answers. Not you, not me, not your neighbor, not your pastor, not Tom Cruise, and definitely not John Edward.

Being unsure is more comforting than anything. You should feel comfort in the fact that no matter what faith you follow (or if you're Atheist or Agnostic) that it won't change a thing. I simply want to present to you an interesting idea that I've just come to learn.

Every religion has it's ideas (i.e. Heaven and Hell, Re-incarnation etc.) but take a minute to sit there and think about what YOU want from the "afterlife". Now ask yourself "Why can't what I've imagined be true?". That's the beauty of it. Deepak Chopra simply says that it can be whatever you dream it to be. Like dreams, death brings you to an altered state of consciousness. It is a scientific fact that humans only use 10% of their brain while alive. Now why is that, that other 90% goes to waste? Maybe, just maybe, it lays dormant until the human body is dead. Like in a depravation chamber you no longer rely on your 5 senses, but your mind.

I like to think of life now as a mere projection. A projection of what life is supposed to be like. It's sort of a strange idea to fathom but imagine that all of this... the internet, your friends and family, your house, this country, this WORLD, is all just for you, and for you only. It is only a projection, created by your mind as per memories and ideas from a previous state of consciousness. It's weird right? But doesn't it feel like it could make sense on some level? To all the nay sayers, just stop and think for a minute. Don't throw down this idea like you would a small child (lol). Open your mind. Ask yourself "Why not?".

Maybe death is just the next step of consciousness? Why not? Maybe it prepares us for the next step and everything will be different. Maybe we can be whoever we want. Do whatever we want. Live wherever we want. Why not? Right?

All I'm saying is, open your mind to all the possibilites and stop living in that shell you call "Life". After all, if you take life to seriously, you'll never get out of it!!!

Remember....

If it fits, it's Fitz!

No comments:

Post a Comment